Who we are, what we do, how we work
oming to settle in Canada is not easy. But Canada is the envy of the world, and living in Canada is the goal of talented and ambitious people everywhere. Charting and navigating a pathway to Canada requires a working partner with expertise and integrity. You need help to get from leaving the land of your birth to obtaining permanent residency, and ultimately Canadian citizenship. Here are some important things to know about Upper Canada Immigration Consultants, how we work with our clients, and who we serve.
CAPIC member organization
Upper Canada Immigration Consultants President Andrea Seepersaud is a member of the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC). See our profile page on the CAPIC web site.
What our clients say about us
- Shafeena J. — Guyana
- “The service at Upper Canada Immigration Consultants is everything you need from an Immigration service; reliable, efficient, and professional. Ms. Seepersaud and Nick have made my immigration process to Canada seamless. The outline of the process, steps and expectations were clearly communicated. The way Ms. Seepersaud paid attention to every detail, reviewed every document meticulously and ensured every information was properly communicated made me feel at ease because I knew I was in good hands. I can safely say that without Ms. Seepersaud’s help and guidance, my immigration to Canada would not have been as easy as it was, if at all possible! Thank you.”
- Adriana H. — United States
- “My son’s Certificate of Canadian Citizenship came in the mail today! I am beyond happy. Thank you so, so much for all your help! I really appreciate it. Wish I could give you a big hug; sending a virtual hug! With Gratitute and Many Blessings.”
- Nandeeta P. — Guyana
- “I scheduled a meeting with Andrea when she came to Guyana to meet clients in 2017. Before I met her I had tried over twelve times to get a visitor visa. She explained to me that she can submit another application, but that it will take a lot of preparation and documents to build a good case for me. She worked really hard for me, and I finally got a visitor visa for myself and my son. Two years later when I was ready to apply for permanent residence, I asked her again to work on my application. She did a great job for me, and in seven months I received permanent status in Canada. I highly recommend her.”
- Marissa P. — Guyana
- I remember receiving our confirmation letters, we cried tears of joy because it was so unbelievable. Basically, Andrea is my miracle worker, my parents and I have struggled for years to acquire a visitor’s visa and it wasn’t until we went through the process with Andrea was that possible. Working with her has been amazing, not only is she professional and efficient but she’s such an amazing and kind soul and it is always a pleasure to communicate with her. We all know how tedious the application process can be, Andrea never failed to make it clear as to what was required, making the whole process a lot less stressful. Her service was truly remarkable and my family and I will always be grateful. Happily, and without a doubt, I would recommend Andrea and her team to anyone looking for an immigration consultant, she’s truly the best in the business!
Q. What type of person does Upper Canada Immigration Consultants serve?
A. We serve genuinely interested and serious people who want to come to Canada or remain in Canada:
- Educated professionals;
- Skilled trades;
- Caregivers and personal support workers – outside and inside Canada;
- Foreign workers; individuals with Canadian work experience;
- Business people, entrepreneurs and their families;
- People interested in visiting Canada for a holiday;
- Students who want to study in Canada;
- Individuals wanting to re-unite with family members such as spouses or dependents in Canada;
- People applying to return to Canada after leaving with a removal order.
Coming to Canada is also the wish of many individuals who look forward to re-uniting with family members. Young people also have wonderful opportunities to gain international work experience, learn English or have a working holiday travelling through Canada.
Q. Are you a free service, or do you charge a fee?
A. Upper Canada Immigration Consultants (UCIC) charges a fee for our professional services. Our clients pay us to provide guidance, advice and assistance to them. Our clients are individuals and entities seeking to either enter Canada legally, remain in Canada with permission, or to obtain legal status in Canada.
As well, companies and firms of all sizes retain us to assist with Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA) to enable them to employ foreign nationals with in-demand skills and expertise.
Q. What forms of payment do you accept?
A. We operate much like any other professional services firm, such as a law or accounting firm. Upper Canada Immigration charges and remits all applicable taxes. Among the questions regarding payment we are often asked include:
- Can I pay you in Canadian cash?
- Some of our clients choose to pay us in cash at their first meeting. That’s fine, but carrying cash is not something we suggest. See our Mistakes to Avoid page on this web site.
- Can I pay you in U.S. dollars?
- You can if we have mutually agreed, but you’ll lose a bit of money in the currency conversion, and we’ll round the bill up to the nearest dollar. Your better option is to go to your bank, in Canada or in your home country, and electronically transfer Canadian equivalent funds directly into our Trust bank account.
- Can I pay you using Bitcoin or another crypto-currency?
- No! We do not deal in, use or accept any form of digital or stateless crypto-currency.
- Will you accept a personal cheque?
- Yes, if it is drawn on a Canadian bank, and is in Canadian funds. As well, we will require the time it takes to clear (i.e. be deposited in our bank account) before doing work on your behalf. Generally, a personal cheque is a payment method for which there are better options today.
- Do you accept credit cards or Paypal?
- Yes. You can use your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discovery) or your Paypal account to pay Upper Canada Immigration if you wish.
- What payment method would you suggest?
- If you are a Canadian resident, and have an account with a Canadian financial institution (as you should), you likely also have your bank’s app on your mobile phone, or can access it from your laptop. The quickest, most secure and least expensive payment method today is an Interac electronic transfer directly from your account to ours, sent via e-mail. You can send money to us from most countries through an international bank wire-transfer. There are bank fees for both the sender and the recipient.
Q. What do you do on behalf of your clients?
A. We work with individuals and families to develop strategies that will achieve their immigration goal. We assist our clients in obtaining requisite documents to initiate immigration processes, apply for visas and permits; obtain permanent residency in Canada; and work toward earning Canadian citizenship.
We prepare and submit applications and expressions of interest for federal and provincial programs, and assist clients to determine their critical path and best chances to come to Canada. At UCIC, there are more than 30 years of experience, expertise and combined knowledge in areas related to the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees; citizenship, immigration law, policy and advocacy; detention matters, deportation of foreign nationals and their conditions of return.
Q. Can you help me return to Canada if I was ordered to leave?
Q. What kind of opportunity does Canada offer, really?
A. People with qualifications and work experience in the trades will find willing employers and top wages. The Province of Ontario alone is spending more than $130 billion Cdn on infrastructure improvements alone in the next decade. Upper Canada Immigration Consultants enables prospective immigrants to locate where they want to be in Canada. Ontario’s municipalities around Canada’s largest city – Toronto – is where the action is, though Upper Canada Immigration clients have settled all over Canada.
All regions of Canada offer employment opportunities for individuals, and skilled workers for companies with specialized needs. Canadian universities and colleges are world-class. People young and old with STEM skills (science, technology, engineering and math) gravitate to Canada, and especially the Greater Toronto and Hamilton region, for a wealth of opportunity, whether to learn those skills if you are a gifted student, or to work for a thriving business entity.
If you moving to Canada and are selling a home near a large global city, chances are that you will be able to purchase a home in Canada. Canadian municipalities, large and small, are well-governed, clean, safe and prosperous.
Q. What are some of the pitfalls and risks to avoid?
About Andrea Seepersaud
ndrea Seepersaud is a regulated Canadian immigration consultant. She is a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). Click or tap here for more info on regulated Canadian immigration consultants. Upper Canada Immigration Consultants is a fully registered corporate entity in the Province of Ontario, operating under the Corporations Act of Canada. Ms. Seepersaud has been appointed by the Attorney General as a Commissioner for Taking Affidavits in the Province of Ontario.
Prior to founding Upper Canada Immigration Consultants, Andrea worked in settlement services for 15 years, serving as the Executive Director of a Toronto-area settlement services agency that employed 85 staff in four locations and assisted more than 50,000 newcomers annually. She served in various capacities on numerous not-for-profit boards, and was at the forefront of developing innovative services for immigrants and refugees. Her agency received meritorious awards from various levels of government and foundations, including a Citation for Citizenship from the Government of Canada, and a commendation from then-Governor General of Canada, Adrienne Clarkson for her leadership in implementing the first Community Citizenship Ceremony for new Canadians in Peel Region. She was also a recipient of the Queen’s diamond jubilee medal in 2012.
Ms. Seepersaud has studied, lived and worked in three continents. She has a deep understanding of the needs and priorities of newcomers to Canada. She provides guidance and support to clients as they make crucial decisions to embark on what would be one of the most important decisions in their lives. Retaining the services of Upper Canada Immigration to assist in immigration matters is the first step to ensuring that you partner with a firm that upholds a high standard of services, and prepares your case with meticulous care.
Over the years Ms. Seepersaud has built and maintained an extensive network of key contacts with most of the Greater Toronto Area’s largest communities of newcomers. She continues to offer support and advice to organizations that respond to the evolving needs of immigrants and refugees. These connections and contacts are important for Upper Canada Immigration clients once they come to Canada.
Ms. Seepersaud lives in Mississauga with her spouse Bob Delaney, a former Member of Provincial Parliament for the Province of Ontario. At home, Andrea is a keen gardener, who delights in re-creating as much of a Caribbean garden as will grow in central Canada during the summer months.
- Member: Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) #R515545;
- Member: Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) #R19147;
- License: Foreign Worker Recruiter and Immigration Services Act, Province of Saskatchewan #00581;
- Commissioner: Affidavits and Oaths, Province of Ontario.