About Us

Who we are, what we do, how we work

Upper Canada Immigration logo


oming to settle in Canada is not easy. But Canada is the envy of the world, and living in Canada is the goal of talented and ambitious people everywhere. Charting and navigating a pathway to Canada requires a working partner with expertise and integrity. You need help to get from leaving the land of your birth to obtaining permanent residency, and ultimately Canadian citizenship. Here are some important things to know about Upper Canada Immigration Consultants, how we work with our clients, and who we serve.

Frequently-Asked Questions

Q. What type of person does Upper Canada Immigration serve?

A. We serve quality people who are serious in their desire to come to Canada:

  • Educated professionals;
  • Skilled trades;
  • Business people and their families;
  • People looking to visit Canada for a holiday;
  • Students looking to study in Canada;
  • Individuals looking to re-unite with family members in Canada;
  • People applying to return to Canada.

Coming to Canada is also the wish of many individuals who look forward to re-uniting with family members. Young people also have wonderful opportunities to gain international work experience, learn English or have a working holiday travelling through Canada.

Q. Are you a free service, or do you charge a fee?

A. Upper Canada Immigration Consultants (UCIC) charges a fee for our services. Our clients pay us to provide guidance, advice and assistance to them. Our clients are individuals and entities seeking to either enter Canada legally, or to obtain legal status in Canada.

As well, companies and firms of all sizes retain us to assist with Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA) to enable them to bring in-demand skilled workers and professional staff into Canada from other countries.

Q. What forms of payment do you accept?

A. We operate much like any other professional services firm, such as a law or accounting firm. Upper Canada Immigration charges and remits all applicable taxes.  Among the questions regarding payment we are often asked include:

Can I pay you in Canadian cash?
Some of our clients choose to pay us in cash at their first meeting. That’s fine, but carrying cash is not something we suggest. See our Mistakes to Avoid page on this web site.
Can I pay you in U.S. dollars?
You can if we have mutually agreed, but you’ll lose a bit of money in the currency conversion, and we’ll round the bill up to the nearest dollar. Your better option is to go to your bank, in Canada or in your home country, and use your U.S. cash to buy a bank draft for the amount in Canadian dollars of your payment to Upper Canada Immigration Consultants. The best place for your U.S. cash if you are resident in Canada, and regularly travel to the USA is in a U.S. dollar bank account. That has nothing to do with paying us, it’s just good advice.
Can I pay you using Bitcoin or another crypto-currency?
No! We do not deal in, use or accept any form of stateless crypto-currency under any circumstances.
Will you accept a personal cheque?
Yes, if it is drawn on a Canadian bank, and is in Canadian funds. As well, we will require the time it takes to clear (i.e. be deposited in our bank account) before doing work on your behalf. Generally, a personal cheque is a payment method for which there are better options today.
Do you accept credit cards or Paypal?
Yes. You can use your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discovery) or Paypal account to pay Upper Canada Immigration if you wish.
What payment method would you suggest?
If you are a Canadian resident, and have an account with a Canadian financial institution (as you should), you likely also have your bank’s app on your mobile phone, or can access it from your laptop. The quickest, most secure and least expensive payment method today is an Interac electronic transfer directly from your account to ours, sent via e-mail. You can send money to us from outside Canada from most countries in this way as well.

Q. What do you do on behalf of your clients?

A. We work with individuals and families to develop strategies that will facilitate coming to Canada, or returning to Canada. Our work assists our clients in obtaining  prerequisite documents to initiate immigration processes, apply for visas and permits; obtain permanent residency in Canada; and work toward earning Canadian citizenship.

We prepare and submit applications and expressions of interest  for federal and provincial programs, and assist clients to determine their critical path and best chances to come to Canada. At UCIC, there are more than  28 years of experience, expertise and combined knowledge in areas related to the settlement  and integration of immigrants and refugees; citizenship, immigration law, policy and advocacy; detention matters, deportation of foreign nationals and their conditions of return.

Q. Can you help me return to Canada if I was ordered to leave?

A. For those who may have been misguided in their initial stay in Canada, or were guilty of violating the conditions of their stay, and have since left Canada, there are strict rules and conditions to which you must adhere before attempting to return. We will first tell you, frankly and candidly, if you are eligible to return to Canada. If you are eligible to return, we can help you take the right steps, in the right order, to return to Canada.

Q. What kind of opportunity does Canada offer, really?

A. People with qualifications and work experience in the trades will find willing employers and top wages. The Province of Ontario alone is spending more than $130 billion Cdn on infrastructure improvements alone in the next decade. Upper Canada Immigration Consultants enables prospective immigrants to locate where they want to be in Canada. Ontario’s municipalities around Canada’s largest city – Toronto – is where the action is, though Upper Canada Immigration clients have settled all over Canada.

All regions of Canada offer employment opportunities for individuals, and skilled workers for companies with specialized needs. Canadian universities and colleges are world-class.People young and old with STEM skills (science, technology, engineering and math) gravitate to Canada, and especially the Greater Toronto and Hamilton region, for a wealth of opportunity, whether to learn those skills if you are a gifted student, or to work for a thriving business entity.

If you moving to Canada and are selling a home near a large global city, chances are that you will be able to  purchase a home in Canada. Canadian municipalities, large and small, are well-governed, clean, safe and prosperous.

Q. What are some of the pitfalls and risks to avoid?

This web site has an entire page dedicated to the mistakes you can avoid. There are a lot of options in which someone will either say they will do your work cheap, or charge you a lot more than we will. We ask you specific questions so that we won’t waste your time if you don’t have a case, and which will help us define your options if you do have a case.


About Andrea Seepersaud

Andrea Seepersaud
Andrea Seepersaud was born and raised in Guyana, and has also lived in Leeds in the UK. Andrea came to Canada in the 1980s. She has extensive experience in settlement services and immigration.

ndrea Seepersaud is a regulated  Canadian immigration consultant. She is a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). Click or tap here for more info on regulated Canadian immigration consultants. Upper Canada Immigration Consultants is a fully registered corporate entity in the Province of Ontario, operating under the Corporations Act of Canada. Ms. Seepersaud has been appointed by the Attorney General as a Commissioner for Taking Affidavits in the Province of Ontario.

Prior to founding Upper Canada Immigration Consultants, Andrea worked in settlement services for 15 years, serving as the Executive Director of a Toronto-area settlement services agency that employed 85 staff in four locations and assisted more than 50,000 newcomers annually.  She served in various capacities on numerous not-for-profit boards, and was at the forefront of developing innovative  services for immigrants and refugees.  Her agency received meritorious awards from various levels of government and foundations, including a Citation for Citizenship from the Government of Canada, and a commendation from then-Governor General of Canada, Adrienne Clarkson for her leadership in implementing  the first Community Citizenship Ceremony for new Canadians in Peel Region. She was also a recipient of the Queen’s diamond jubilee medal in 2012.

Ms. Seepersaud has studied, lived and worked in three continents. She has a deep understanding of the needs and priorities of newcomers to Canada. She provides guidance and support to clients as they make crucial decisions to embark on what would be one of the most important decisions in their lives. Retaining the services of Upper Canada Immigration to assist in immigration matters is the first step to ensuring that you partner with a firm that upholds a high standard of services, and prepares your case with meticulous care.

Ms. Seepersaud lives in Mississauga with her spouse Bob Delaney, a former Member of Provincial Parliament for the Province of Ontario. At home, Andrea is a keen gardener, who delights in re-creating as much of a Caribbean garden as will grow in central Canada during the summer months.


  • Member: Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) #R515545;
  • Member: Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) #R19147;
  • License: Foreign Worker Recruiter and Immigration Services Act, Province of Saskatchewan #00581;
  • Commissioner: Affidavits and Oaths, Province of Ontario.

Over the years Ms. Seepersaud  has built and maintained an extensive network of key contacts with most of the Greater Toronto Area’s largest communities of newcomers. She continues to offer support and advice to organizations that respond  to the evolving needs of  immigrants and refugees. These connections and contacts are important for Upper Canada Immigration clients once they come to Canada.