A reputable path to Canada
re you feeling afraid and insecure about your future in Hong Kong? Like very many Canadians, I am deeply and profoundly disturbed by the insecurity now so prevalent in Hong Kong. My spouse and I have vacationed in Hong Kong, and love its energy, vibrancy and friendly, hard-working people. Maybe you are among those looking to explore an immigration pathway to Canada. At Upper Canada Immigration Consultants, we may be able to help you to chart a course to a new life in a safe, democratic and welcoming country. Take a deep breath and don’t panic.
Perhaps you have friends and relatives in Canada. Now is the time to get in touch with them, and start learning about possibilities for you to re-start your career. We can discuss how your friends and family can help you to network and get started on your job search and make plans. We are careful who we take on as clients. If your wish is to leave Hong Kong’s anxiety and uncertainty behind you and immigrate to Canada, we may be able to help you. Talk with us, and if you are a good candidate to come to Canada, we will assist you with your immigration matter, help you identify your best opportunity, and pursue your best options to come to Canada. We are located in Mississauga, Ontario, just west of Toronto.
Upper Canada Immigration Consulting is not a free service. We don’t accept as clients all the people who contact us. We are a firm of professional and regulated consultants. We charge for our services. If what you want is something free or cheap, you can stop reading here. Otherwise, click or tap here for more information about us on this web site. If you are qualified for Canadian immigration, serious about coming to Canada, and you want help with a quality application that will give you the best chance of success, we may be able to help you.
Who are good candidates?
Here are some common immigration scenarios. This list is not exhaustive, so your personal situation may differ. Self-assess your situation by considering these common scenarios:
- Are you a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada with a family member who is not? (Spouse or children)?
- Are you a young professional under the age of 30 with postsecondary education, three years of work experience, good English Language skills and settlement funds?
- Are you a skilled professional who once studied or worked in Canada?
- Are you a current business owner who has a great business idea, postsecondary education, funds to invest in Canada and fair to good English Language skills?
- Do you have postsecondary education, English language skills, funds to invest and currently hold a senior managerial position in a private business or a government department?
- If you have no connection to Canada, and you have two (or more) post-secondary certificates (or diplomas or academic degrees), and you have sufficient settlement funds, and your English language skills are good, and you have three or more experience of skilled work experience, you might be a strong candidate to come to Canada. Talk with us;
- Are you married to a Canadian resident or a citizen but you have not yet applied for permanent residence?
- Do you have at least one year of living in a common-law relationship with your partner where one of you is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident?
Canada has long been recognized as a country that welcomes immigrants, and enables them to settle, integrate and succeed. Canada has an enormous, and well-established community of former Hong Kongers in every major city and town. During these difficult times of the COVID-19 pandemic, where some countries have slashed their immigration quotas, Canada has not altered its goal to bring in the brightest and the best, reunite family members, invite entrepreneurs who excel in what they do, and welcome young, ambitious, educated and progressive thinking individuals.
Canada’s immigration department is on track to fulfill its goal of bringing in 341,000 permanent residents during 2020. In 2021, Canada expects to welcome nearly 351,000 permanent new residents. In 2022, Canada plans to “land” 361,000 new Canadians. There are scores of programs and initiatives throughout Canada’s provinces and territories in addition to the federally-run programs.
If you don’t have the BNO passport
The United Kingdom, as of July 1, 2020, announced it would extend an offer to nearly three million eligible Hong Kongers the British National Overseas (BNO) passport, which may enable the holders of those passports to emigrate to the UK. If you have such a passport, you will gain a path to get to the UK and eventually qualify for UK citizenship. If you don’t have such an option, don’t despair. You may yet qualify to come to Canada permanently. See the examples above, and contact us.
Resources on this web site
We have assembled a comprehensive and organized collection of information on this web site. Take some time to explore it. We are reputable and effective. Our fees are fair and reasonable. We expect our clients to work as hard on their immigration and settlement application as we do. We don’t take every person who asks us to perform work for them. We expect you to keep your account active by paying your fees promptly, and we account for how we use your money.
Help us work with you by completing these on-line forms:
- Tell us who you are and where you live;
- Tell us about your issue or your needs;
- Leave a message if necessary. Remember, there is a 12-hour time zone difference between Hong Kong and Ontario in Canada.
You can call us by telephone or WhatsApp at 647-988-3846. Remember, there is a 12-hour time difference between Ontario and Hong Kong. If you reach us after hours we’ll call you back. In the meantime, get your essential documents together.