Seminar week Guyana update
It is happening! It is encouraging to see how many people have booked an appointment to discuss their eligibility to come to Canada. We are in Guyana now. We have reached our full capacity for appointment times to discuss eligibility to come to Canada with serious prospects. We are adding requests to our wait list. Sales of tickets to attend one of the two Information Seminars ceased on Sunday evening.
I received a message from the Regency Suites hotel in Guyana. Staff there informed us of an issue we had not previously encountered. A few people had called the hotel to ask if they could pay the hotel for the seminar admission, either in advance or on the day of the seminar.
Let’s start from basics:
- Upper Canada Immigration really does exist;
- We are really coming to Guyana;
- We are actually staying at the Regency Suites, and hosting some participants at two seminar sessions, and in-person meetings;
- The Seminars are on March 6th. If you do not have a ticket, please show up 60 minutes in advance to purchase your ticket. We know who, by name, is coming, and how many attendees to expect.
It is neither fair nor realistic to ask a hotel to assume the responsibility for payments by you to us. And we cannot in conscience ask the hotel to handle and account for cash that has nothing to do with their hotel business. The response to the ‘pay-the-hotel’ question is a gentle, but firm no.
The confidence and ability to intelligently use credit is essential in coming to Canada, either for a visit, or to settle in Canada. So is the ability and willingness to make and keep a commitment in advance. Do not be reluctant to move away from a cash economy. A move to a first-world nation means using a credit card wisely is essential.
Register with your debit or credit card
Some of the people who attend the seminars and/or meet with us will be both eligible to come to Canada, and interested in beginning or continuing the process.
Our on-line registration provider, Eventbrite, is safe and secure. It is reputable and stable. We don’t see your credit card, or your card number. We don’t want to. You have a record of payment, and we have an accurate attendee list. Eventbrite is used worldwide by many businesses and clubs. If you wish, you too can get an Eventbrite account (free), and use it to organize events of your own in Guyana. See the software we use at Upper Canada Immigration.
If you are eligible to come to Canada, and work with us, you will be sharing some of your life’s foundation documents: passport; life history; education; birth and marriage records and so on. You’ll be making some serious decisions after speaking with our firm to make the journey to Canada happen.
If you have a credit or debit card, you can click the button above with confidence. There are no other fees or charges to you. Other attendees who have arranged to meet with us in Guyana have already purchased their tickets.
- If you don’t have a credit card, use your bank or debit card. Ask someone in your family, or a friend you trust to help you;
- Our discussions with the Trade Commissioner at the Canadian High Commission in Georgetown confirmed that some Caribbean-issued credit cards have difficulty with some North American payments systems;
- If you have difficulty using a credit card, try a debit card. Our attendees have had no difficulty when they have used a debit card;
- We respectfully suggest that you consider opening a PayPal account. You can use it perfectly to pay us. PayPal is worldwide in scope, safe, secure and used by millions of sellers and buyers alike.
Sooner or later in life, you are going to need a bank card and/or credit card. Maybe this is a good time to get one. Or to use the one you have. We have the hotel room for just two seminar sessions. When the tickets are gone, they are gone. Those who meet with us, or attend the seminar, and feel they are eligible to come to Canada may wish to work with Upper Canada Immigration Consultants to apply.